Introducing our new Portability Kit!
The Portability Kit from Avantes was created as an example to show off the portability and versatility of the AvaSpec-Mini and its usefulness in mobile/in the field applications. The Field Kit combines an irradiance calibrated AvaSpec-Mini spectrometer with a direct attach cosine corrector. This kit measures in at 9” x 6.5” x 3”. The spectrometer is operated off a Raspberry Pi unit and controlled with custom software via the touch screen. Spectra can be collected, saved, and exported as text files or AvaSoft files.
About the Software:
AvaMobile is a mobile version of Avasoft meant for field use. AvaMobile was designed with the intention of being used in the field in an easy-to-use portable package. As such the GUI was designed to be easy to use, work on small screens, and hide complexity until later processing in the lab.
Software Installation and Operation:
Currently, the application AvaMobile is only available on Box.com and will have to be downloaded by cloning the repository. To clone the repository, use the commands below on terminal:
- “$ sudo apt install git” (if git isn’t already installed)
- “$ git clone https://avantesusa.box.com/s/oom10ovf3lpjkh2mf4r3ulw2z2afovl0
After using these commands there should be a folder called field_kit now installed in your current directory. In this folder is all the files necessary to run the application. To run the code there are some libraries necessary for the code to run. Install the following with terminal:
- install Qt5: “$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default”
- install QtCreator: “$ sudo apt-get install qtcreator”
- install qwt: “$ sudo apt-get install libqwt-qt5-dev”
- install PyQt5: “$ sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5”
- install pyqtgraph: “$ pip3 install pyqtgraph”
- (optional) install VS Code IDE: “$ sudo apt-get install code”
Now after all these commands have been run in terminal the environment for the code is now prepared. Going into Visual Studio Code and opening the field_kit folder, previously installed, will now allow you to run the code. Open up the field_kit folder and launch main.py. The program should now be fully operational.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, while retaining backward compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end-user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems. This product’s key features include a high-performance 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K via a pair of micro-HDMI ports, hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60, up to 8GB of RAM, dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and PoE capability (via a separate PoE HAT add-on). The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
Raspberry Pi 4 Specs:
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- 265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
The power bank offered here has a very good performance with 10000 mAh and is especially suitable for small 9V or 12V devices. It has two USB outputs (with 5 V and 2.1 A each) as well as a DC output with 9V and 12V. USB output and DC output, which can be used simultaneously. The high-performance lithium-polymer battery ensures long-lasting capacity and a high charge level even after a long period of time. This power bank has a charge level that can still be up to 80% of the original charge level even after three months.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer
- Capacity: 10000mAh / 37Wh
- Output Voltage: 5V / 9V /12V
- Output Current: 2 x USB 2100mA; DC 2000mA
- Connections: 2 x USB-Output (OUT S / OUT I); 1x DC Out (OUTPUT); 1x DCIn (12V INPUT)
- Power Adapter: Input Voltage 100-240V 50/60Hz; Output Voltage 12V1000mA
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 3.1 x 0.9 in or 120 x 80 x 23 mm
- Weight: 10.7oz or 304g